RE: Cygwin installation choke

> Chris,
>
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:57:43PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
> > Corinna, the cpuid results are still valid if the user doesn't
> have NT. Only
> > in the worst case scenario (i.e. a user running Windows 95/98
> on a 486) will
> > it be necessary to resort to falling back on the registry values alone.

What I mean is the cpuid information is valid on Windows 95/98. The cpuid
command returns the most useful information. Your patch completely bypasses
the cpuid instruction on non-Windows NT operating systems, however this
isn't necesary. The patch was designed to show you what I meant, not to be
applied verbatim.

Chris