Idle telnet sessions appear to "go to sleep"

Is anyone else having this issue:
If I leave a telnet session idle for a couple of minutes, when I return
to it the session appears to need time to 'wake up'.  I.E. I'm working
in a telnet session, I begin work in a different window/application, I
make the telnet session window active again by clicking on it & I begin
to type my command into the window.  It takes anywhere from 3 to 15
seconds for the session window to recognize my keystrokes and
display/act upon them.

Using latest CYGWIN on XP professional.

Reid Thompson
Ateb, Inc               www.ateb.com