Re: Apache under Cygwin

Stipe Tolj wrote:

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

In playing with this I jump on the server and start killing the children and reattempting either a web page connect or a telnet connection. Usually before I kill all of the children the web server responds and all is fine. However, needless to say, this is not how I want my web server to be behaving.

yep. AFAICS this behaviour is definetly startet after cygwin 1.3.10-x. See my apache-1.3.27 running on cygwin-1.3.10-x at http://apache.dev.wapme.net/server-status which runs *without* this connection problems.

So, anybody out there using Apache for Cygwin experiencing similar problems? Any ideas or solutions or debugging strategies?

The problem is known. Unfortunatly anybody was able to track the cause of that hanging down :(

Hmmm... Seems that this may have been touched on before at http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-11/msg00005.html but nobody has
ever answered Stipe's query. Another person also experienced similar problems and
didn't get an answer either at http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg00841.html

My particulars: Windows XP SP, Cygwin 1.3.21-1, Apache 1.3.24.-5.

Unfortunatly I don't have *the* answer, because this would imply I'd knew what causes this effect and I definetly don't know.

Anyone who is wishing to support me in investigating is highly encouraged hereby to do so.

What could I do to help?

This sucks. It means I need to go back to Apache for Windows...