gcc -MM and #include <some_cygwin_package_include.h>

I'm sure the answer to this already exists, but
googling didn't turn anything up, and I'm not the
GCC expert I wish I were. :-(

I'm using "gcc -MM" to build make dependencies. It
used to skip anything included in <>, but now it
uses some other mechanism to decide which headers
are "system". This doesn't include "system" headers
installed for the Cygwin python package, though.
Thus my #include <Python.h> results in loads of new
dependencies that didn't show up with gcc 2.95.

Is there some way these can be added to Cygwin's
list of system includes? I'm not taking sides on
whether these should be "officially" system headers
or not, but in my case I'd really like them to be.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a workaround (-I- didn't
help). I'll poke around other lists, but I'd bet
somebody's already run into this with Cygwin. "Piss
off but have a nice day anyway" is an acceptible
response, but any web/FAQ/message/etc. references
would be highly appreciated. :-)

-Jerry