Re: Hate to say it, but...I've got the (dreadded) PID problem

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 02:46:00AM -0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>...While fixing the permissions on my
>installation (via a combination of `find -exec' and `chmod'), and when I say
>while I mean pretty much straight away, I started getting tones of "Access
>is denied" messages from find.

If you needed to do the chmod thing then that should be your first line
of attack.  Do this from a console window, not running cygwin:

cd c:\cygwin
chmod -R a+r bin lib sbin usr etc tmp var
chmod -R a+x bin sbin usr/sbin usr/local/bin lib/gcc-lib/*.exe usr/X11R6/bin

Although, theoretically, this shouldn't be necessary if you have used
the latest version of setup.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam at sourceware dot org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com