From: Randall R Schulz rrschulz at cris dot com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:14:55 -0800
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: vim quits and cygwin window contents not restored

Larry,

At 19:38 2003-03-24, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:
>Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Some salient facts:

>>So, my bet is on the terminfo for cygwin as the locus of the problem,
>>whatever it is. Other reasonable hypotheses are that there's problem
>>in ncurses or in how Vim uses it.
>

>Yeah, the terminfo change is the "problem".   Updating to 5.3-1 allows
>me to reproduce the behavior.  Reverting to 5.2-3 restores the
>original behavior.

Does the presence of quote marks indicate you don't consider this a problem?

The wording of the "updating ..." and "reverting ..." sentences is
ambiguous to me. Are you saying that you do see the failure to restore
the original window contents when Vim is quit or suspended under
terminfo-5.3-1 and see the proper restore behavior under 5.2-3?

>--
>Larry Hall

Randall Schulz