RE: Added setup.exe to User's Guide

> From: cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com]On Behalf
> Of Andrew M. Inggs

--8<--
> >  3. *Move* the ENTIRE cache directory onto a CDR (or whatever) - do NOT
> > change anything within the cache.
>
> Specifically for CD-R, I have had trouble doing this because the
> URL-encoded directories that setup.exe creates to keep track of which
> mirror you select are not ISO9660 or Joliet friendly.  I usually just
> rename the directory before burning to CD-R.

$ cd /CYGCACHE
$ echo 'ftp%3a%2f%2fsunsite.dk%2fmirrors%2fcygwin' | wc -c
     42

-- Nero Burning Rom Help --
In "Joliet", file and directory names are allowed up to 64 characters long.
There are no restrictions in directory depth, the typeface is extended.
--8<--

 I can't remember having problems with this... so WFM.

--8<--
> >  Comments or Corrections anyone?
> > (Don't say I got it right on the first try, I wouldn't believe you! ;-)

 I Knew it, I KNEW IT :-]

 So; There needs to be a notice about filesystem limitations <sigh>

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--