Re: CVS Tags for 1.3.22

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 cm1 at mercury dot muc dot de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I couldn't find any CVS tags to build Cygwin 1.3.22 from source; the best
> I could find was the branch "dontuse-21" which doesn't seem to be correct.
> Is there some documentation around this somewhere on the Cygwin web pages?
> If not, could someone let me know which tags/time stamps to use? I don't
> want to get the 64-bit file offsets which are being worked on in the trunc
> version by accident....
>
> Furthermore, is there some documentation about the tags to use for the
> support libs such as "newlib"?
>
> Thanks,
> --Christian

Christian,

This issue has been raised before.  The tags are for cgf's convenience
only.  There are no guarantees that they would correspond to any
particular version of the release.  One way of figuring out the CVS
timestamp to check out is downloading the corresponding source package and
looking at its timestamps...  I'm not sure how the timestamps will now
interact with the development on separate branches, though.  Other ways
may be suggested by people here.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune