Re: Problems with net use statement via sshd on cygwin

* Richard Sharpe (03-04-08 03:14 +0100)
> I installed cygwin on a Win2K machine and then configured sshd (after
> including it in the install) ...
>
> However, if I do:
>
>  ssh administrator at calpc12 net use f: \\\\\\\\10.0.1.5\\\\test \
> 	/user:tigerteam\\\\rsharpe <somepasswd>
>
> (Yes, I know there are ways around all those backslashes), it appears to
> succeed, but the share is listed as unavailable in Windows, and I cannot
> access it via 'dir f:' for example.
>
> The drive letter f: did not have any thing mapped to it before the ssh
> command above.
>
> Has anyone seen this? Is there any explanation?

Is "SMBNTSEC" set? Try logging in and then executing manually "net
use". Have a look at the "Event Viewer" and "/var/log/sshd.log".

I have been able to even access a NetWare volume through "net use".
The only "annoyance" I encountered was, that drive mappings made under
a different account (under the windows GUI) were shown, too. I think
other people mentioned this.

Thorsten
--
 children under the age of 18