Re: missing lfind/lsearch ?

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 04:41:15PM +0100, Vince Hoffman wrote:

>> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > when bumping CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR up to 74,
>> > some functions mentioned in SUSv3 in search.h (hsearch,tsearch,...)
>> > have been added to search.h, including the reentrant versions.
>> >
>> > Is there a significant reason why lsearch/lfind were not part of
>> > this CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR increase, as they are also part of
>> > search.h in SUS, the Single Unix Specification ?
>>
>> oh yes, same question for insque/remque too.
>
>Just a guess but i think its the same answer also.

It's almost always the same answer.  There is rarely a technical reason
for not adding a new function to cygwin.  The reason is almost always
that the function needs to be written and contributed.

I recently made a sweep through newlib and tried to catch everything
that we could export which wasn't being exported.  I exported nearly
everything (I think there was one exception).  If something isn't
available now, it means that it needs to be implemented from scratch.

cgf