minor update on Re: Donations for CGF (Was Re: [EXTREMELY OFF-TOPIC] The sad state of cgf's existing new laptop)

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:48:55PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

Btw, paypal just sent me email because someone forwarded my message to
them.  They told me to do a bunch of things that I'd already done and
made some observations which seemed to imply that they actually hadn't
read the email that had been forwarded to them.  I took the opportunity
to ask them if I could get the personal information on the scumbag
for a law enforcement agency.  Lets see if they ignore this request,
too.

Thanks, whoever you were, for getting them to contact me.  And, many
many many many many thanks to the incredible outpouring of generosity
from the list.  I couldn't believe it when I woke up today and found
more donations from the list.  I thought sure that this would be all
finished by yesterday.

I've used your generosity as an object lesson to my kids that there
really are good people in the world.  I mentioned it to my parents too
but after a half hour discussion about cygwin, free software, why cygwin
isn't really a Red Hat enterprise, etc., I don't think they got it.

The kids got it, though.  It's almost worth the pain of financial loss
to be able to point at the fact that the world isn't a completely
uncaring place.  I'm sure they think that Dad is a little embarrassing
for getting choked up when he tells the story of the kind folks in
the cygwin mailing list, but what the heck...

I need to give myself some off-topic coal for this thread but I really
do appreciate the commiseration I've received.  It has been a really
tough couple of weeks for me thanks to this and another even more
serious issue and the response of people here has really helped.

Ok.  Enough of my slobbering.  Get back to work.

You over there!  cygwin-apps isn't a bug reporting mailing list!
Are you crazy?

And you!  Yes, you with the cron problem!  We need cygcheck output!
As an attachment, dammit!

What?  You aren't shipping sources with your binaries?  Are you
daft, man?  Have you never heard of the GPL?  I quiver with outrage
at your impertinence!

That's better.

cgf