Re: Printing in Cygwin

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 09:48:54AM -0700, Robert Pollard wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been doing some research and can't come up with any information
> on how to print from the command line as you would in Unix/Linux.  I
> can't find lp, lpr or anything resembling these commands.  I have
> looked at pr but it doesn't indicate that it sends output to the
> printer.  All I understand it does is prepare a file to be printed.
>
> The next question would be how do I set up the printer I want to print
> to.  The printer is a HP LaserJet 5000 and on our local network.
>
> My ultimate goal is to print from emacs but I figured the first step
> would be to print from the command line since emacs probably will use
> the lp command.
>
> Any documents or information you can point me to would be greatly
> appreciated.

This problem and the solution has been discussed on the list several
times. Please check the archives.

Gruss Olaf Föllinger

--
Olaf Föllinger
Berater

Alt-Moabit 91a
D-10559 Berlin
Germany
Tel:   +49 30 390722 -291
Fax:   +49 30 390722 -222
Mobil: +49 173 6227080
http://www.sesa.de
mailto: Olaf dot Foellinger at sesa dot de