Re: H.T.M.L. (RE: Getting home directory in Windows 2000 environ ment)

Paul see last post at bottom of this email.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Dilip K NPRI" <PaulDK at Npt dot NUWC dot Navy dot Mil>
To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 12:43 PM
Subject: RE: H.T.M.L. (RE: Getting home directory in Windows 2000 environ
ment)

> It is strange that you are harping on the same tune again and again. Do
you have any workaround for my problem? I reinstalled again today on my user
area pauldk with the same result. In fact it does not create even the home
directory, not even pauldk.

> Thanks,
> Dilip Paul

Paul-
When I installed cygwin on Windows I created the directory first, downloaded
the whole install imto the folder, ran setup.exe and took option "Install
from Internet"
and cygwin created and configured itself in the folder where i downloaded
the binary
your environment variable HOME should be the same root folder that you put
the install in and contains cygwin's files and src help folders...in most
cases this would be C:\cygwin

You ALSO have the option of overriding HOME folder specification in
%HOME%\.profile (that is DOT profile) using the CYGWIN directory names e.g.
../cygdrive/g
Here are the contents of my DOT profile

HOME=/cygdrive/f/cywgin

PATH=/usr:/bin/:usr/local/bin:/cygdrive/g/mysql/mysql-debug-4.0.12-pc-linux-
i686/bin:.

LIB=/cygdrive/f/cygwin/lib

INCLUDE=/cygdrive/g/mysql/mysql-debug-4.0.12-pc-linux-i686/include

VISUAL=VI;

EDITOR=VI;

and Thus far I have avoided situation "fu bar"

Does this help???
Martin