Re: Help!Unable to compile 1.3.22-1 sources

Vishal Jain wrote:
> Hi,
> If I use this tag, w32api-2_2, which cygwin release will it correspond to?
> Is it ok to use this tag?

No.

> Hi,
> I am unable to compile 1.3.22-1 sources. It is failing while compiling
> utils.
> I have 2.3.1 w32api package sources which I believe is the latest.

Yes, latest. BTW, the version is 2.3-1. Yes, I can figure out what you mean,
but its still best to be correct.

> Which version of w32api package shall I use?
>
> Is there a CVS label I can use to get 1.3.22-1 sources which are in sync
> with w32api so that I can do a build.

There are no public use CVS tags for Cygwin releases. Any tags you may find
with CVSweb are private-use for the person preparing releases, and do not
correspond exactly to the source tarball.

I'm not quite sure what is failing. I'm downloading the source tarball now.

When I need to build Cygwin, I usually build cvs HEAD. That's probably not a
great idea at the moment, though, as the trunk is in the midst of the great
32/64 enablement.

Max.