Re: Limited remote terminal access via cygwin]

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Garry Heaton wrote:

> Reid Thompson wrote:
> > after you login to your remote box run one of the following commands
> >     export TERM=xterm
> > or
> >     export TERM=vt100
> > or
> >     export TERM='whatever term type you normally use & is recognized on
> > the remote system"
> > reid

Garry,

TERM should reflect the terminal you're running *in* (the one you use to
ssh to the Windows machine).  Normally, ssh will inherit the TERM setting
from the invoking shell.  If something resets the TERM value (I'm guessing
your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile), you'll need to fix that (e.g., by
putting a "[ -z TERM ]" guard).

Try invoking "bash --login -v" from ssh to see if a TERM=... command is
executed.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II