ENOTSOCK errors with cygwin dll 1.3.21 and 1.3.22

Hello,

Since 1.3.21 came out, I've had problems with various
services on my machines (WinXP Home and Win2K).  I use
inetd to run the UW IMAP server and this has been
working for a few months now.  When I installed 1.3.21
(and rebooted) as well as after 1.3.22 came out, I
started getting syslog messages from imapd "Socket
operation on non-socket", which is apparently errno of
ENOTSOCK.  After a little bit of poking around, I found
that this is after imapd.exe calls gets().

I am also using popfile (http://popfile.sf.net) under
cygwin, which had been working as well and it doesn't
even start up now.

I experimented by uncommenting the telnet line in my
inetd.cnf and I see similar behavior, where my
connection is dropped immediately after connecting.  I
even tried switching to xinetd and this behavior still
occurs.

When I get enough time, I'd like to debug it further
but I'm hoping that someone on the list might have an
idea of what changed in 1.3.21 to cause this to happen
and which code might need to be changed to get
everything working again.

thanks!
-Abe