inttypes.h

Hello!

I'm the MPlayer documentation maintainer and also like to play with the Cygwin port of MPlayer sometimes (it works great btw, try it, mingw support coming in a few days).

Anyway, a hassle that we have on Cygwin is its lack of inttypes.h, we have to supply our own inttypes.h that has to be put in /usr/include/.

Now before you shoot me, I have read the thread "FD_ZERO &inttypes.h" from august 2000 in the archive

and Christopher Faylor said there that he does not intend to provide inttypes.h any time soon because it is non-standard (== "not found on every UNIX system that I checked"). Well, Cygwin appears to be the only Unix-like system without inttypes.h at the moment, Linux, Solaris, *BSD and even MinGW provide it and it is part of the ISO C standard.

This thread is from two and a half years ago, so I thought it might be fair to ask again, you may have changed your mind in the meantime after all.. So are there any plans to provide inttypes.h?

Mind you, I'm not expecting anything, just hoping and asking (hopefully) nicely.
Thanks for your effort

Diego