Re: proftpd

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 07:38:29AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hallo Gerrit,

> >> Actually I'm missing something like an `else' here.  The authentication
>
> > I configured with additional options and now I can login too.
> > But still having problems.  Lets see what Jason figured out.
>
> I fooled myself, I entered my encrypted password into my passwd file at the
> right place and so the unix way to login is done with success, but without the
> password in my passwd file it still doesn't work.

As I said, there's probably a check (call to crypt() somewhere.  The
right way to do it is to leave it alone on 9x/Me (which therefore is
no problem to support here, btw.) and to call that NT stuff on NT systems.
That can't be too much of a problem...

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.