Re: GDB GUI (was RE: Problem building ddd on cygwin)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Fred Ma wrote:

> Fred Ma wrote:
> >
> > > "ddd" runs under X-windows, and on my machine at least
> > > feels a bit sluggish. That could be because I've been
> > > experimenting with my X-windows configuration, though.
> > > The last time I used ddd seriously was so long ago that
> > > I can't really offer a good comparison.
> > >
> > > -Jerry
> >
> > In that case, I'll probably just dabble with Insight for now.
> > I don't want to fire up Xwindows just for one app.  Nice to
> > know that the other DDD option is still available, though.
> > Thanks for the feedback.
> >
> > Fred
>
> I'm finding some buggy behaviour with Insight.  Might be
> my setup.  It freezes sometimes when I have fullscreen windows
> for source code, console, and stackframe.  The console window
> and stackframe window don't wrap around when it should even
> though I "set width 40".  It might be that it can only wrap
> around when it encounters a space, which might not be for a
> while in the long names of C++'s STL.  And the filename field
> on the upper left doesn't update itself if I change files
> due to moving up on the stack.  I'm going to give the REAL
> up-to-date ddd a try.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bashdb
>
> Fred

Fred,

FYI, insight bugs can (and should) be reported to the insight mailing
list (insight at sources dot redhat dot com).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II