Re: Printable Copy Of The Cygwin Users Guide]

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

Not really.  You can probably generate one yourself by using some option
of db2html that tells it to generate one file, but I'm not familiar with
DocBook, and don't know what that option is.  FYI, the sources for the
user's guide are in the "cygwin" source package.

Whoa there! It's in "cygwin-doc", or the cygwin CVS.

I found a copy of the users guide at: http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/doc/cygwin-api.in.sgml?cvsroot=src

You will have to pardon my ignornace but I know very little of sgml and nothing of docboook. I don't have cvs set up, I don't need it and I don't want to set it up just to get the docs. When I click the the download link at the url above I just get a single page of sgml, not the text of the users guide.

Is there an easy way that I am missing to get the users guide( and the FAQ ) into one file so I can print it, and read it cover-to-cover at my leisure, away from a pc, so I don't have to keep bothering everyone here with my elementry questions ?

:)

Steve