I lost all my Mozilla bookmarks earlier today. And why did this happen? Because I was careful to quit Mozilla just before I did the thing that I suspected would (and did) crash the system. Mozilla gratuitously wrote out the unchanged bookmarks and the newly written file data was apparently still pending in the kernel buffers when my system BSOD-ed. I was left with a correctly sized bookmark file filled entirely with NULs.

Sorry to vent, but it's been a very bad few days.

Randall Schulz

At 13:34 2003-04-24, Richard Campbell wrote:
From: Randall R Schulz [mailto:rrschulz at cris dot com]:

>How come I'm blocked? I'm getting all the list mail at the new address.
>
>By the way, I'm sending this from my old address.

I've got 2 other messages today from "Randall R Schulz" at the address "rschulz at sonic dot net", with subjects of "Re: cygwin on a disk?" and "Re: Printable Copy Of The Cygwin Users Guide".

Unless you have a 3rd address, I think your posts are going through.

Left your personal email in the reply list deliberately as it was the "other" address.

-Richard Campbell.