Re: automake, flex, libfl.a

Al wrote:

My problem is that I think I should be using @LEXLIB@ if my source is to be
buildable on other platforms. So the question is, is there something unusual
about Cygwins libfl.a that is causing my problem and hence I should know
about? I just dont understand that error, ``not have real file''???

It's not libfl.a -- it's libtool. Libtool policy (as of last July or so) is to only build DLLs if all dependencies are also shared libs. There are a number of good reasons for this; check the mailing list archives.

Short answer: try to build flex as a shared library, or ask the maintainer to do so. Sometimes it's as simple as running 'autoreconf' in the (flex) source directory...

--Chuck