Re: unzip - known problem?

Hallo Igor,

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 um 21:39 schriebst du:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Hallo Gary,
>> Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2003 um 16:31 schriebst du:
>>> Let's say I have a .zip file, test.zip, that contains the following:
>>>         test/cat.exe
>>>         test/cat/mouse.exe
>>> If I do "unzip test.zip" (in an otherwise empty directory), I get the
>>> following error:
>>>     checkdir error:  test/cat exists but is not directory
>>>                      unable to process test/cat/.
>> $ ls -R
>> .:
>> cat/  cat.exe*
>> ./cat:
>> mouse.exe*
>> $ zip -r test .
>>   adding: cat/ (stored 0%)
>>   adding: cat/mouse.exe (stored 0%)
>>   adding: cat.exe (stored 0%)
>> $ unzip test.zip
>> Archive:  test.zip
>>    creating: cat/
>>  extracting: cat/mouse.exe
>>  extracting: cat.exe

>> Works for me (tm).
>> Gerrit

> It doesn't work if "cat.exe" precedes the "cat/" directory in the archive.
>         Igor

Hmmm, I see.  Well, what do you think would be the easiest, fix stat()
or s.th. else in Cygwin or is this a feature that is needed for other
uses and cannot be fixed, or patch unzip to do some more/less checks
and let it extract independent of some functions opinion?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=