Re: [avail for test] cvs-1.11.5-1

Max Bowsher wrote:

Charles Wilson wrote:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

But I would appreciate testing and feedback.  This is an update to
version 1.11.5 from 1.11.0; there have been lots of changes under the
hood.  cvs-1.11.5 adds the rlog command, as well as a number of
bugfixes.  AFAIK, the server mode is still broken.

remote: crerepos
        ERROR: cannot test remote CVS, because `rsh KHELDAR' fails.
        when testing in remote mode, crerepos uses :ext: instead of
        :fork:.  However, even though I had rshd running -- it was
        running as SYSTEM -- which means password entry is required.
        This test expects passwordless rsh.

This works if you set up passwordless ssh back to your own machine and set
the envvars to point cvs at ssh rather than rsh.

Right -- but "passwordless" ssh means that the sshd must be running as the user you want to log in as. I was running sshd under SYSTEM...so no luck there.

But you note that this is NOT a cvs server -- it's really logging in to the "remote" machine via ssh and running cvs "on the 'server'". cvs itself is not listening for incoming connections.

Also, a couple of packaging points:

- I don't think re-autotooling was necessary.

- Your port notes in the README don't mention the change from gdbm to
flat-file.

I did not change from gdbm to flat file -- at least not on purpose. In fact, I added a lot of configury code to enable linkage to gdbm. So your comment that "re autotooling was [not] necessary" is nonsense -- I modified configure.in and at least one Makefile.am -- of COURSE I had to reautotool.

So, this is basically stock 1.11.5, which I have been using for my
day-to-day cvs-ing for months.

No, after removing the autotool detritus, the patch is still 27k, and touches the following files:

cvs-1.11.5/CYGWIN-PATCHES/cvs.README
cvs-1.11.5/CYGWIN-PATCHES/postinstall.sh
cvs-1.11.5/CYGWIN-PATCHES/setup.hint
cvs-1.11.5/configure.in
cvs-1.11.5/lib/system.h
cvs-1.11.5/src/Makefile.am
cvs-1.11.5/src/cvs.h
cvs-1.11.5/src/gdbm_wrap.c
cvs-1.11.5/src/gdbm_wrap.h
cvs-1.11.5/src/mkmodules.c
cvs-1.11.5/src/modules.c
cvs-1.11.5/src/myndbm.h
cvs-1.11.5/src/rcs.c
cvs-1.11.5/src/sanity.sh
cvs-1.11.5/src/tag.c
cvs-1.11.5/windows-NT/README

It's definitely NOT stock, unless I screwed up.

--Chuck