setup re-install, or rollforward procedure?

Rollback now works reliably, so I blew away my 1.3.22-1 install and
tried to do a new one. After twiddling, I find 2 problems, which
I'd like to fix or workaround:

* setup.exe found my old download and install directories as well as
  the new ones. Anything I wanted to upgrade, it cheerfully installed
  into the new install directory. However AFAICS the only installation
  options are Keep, Skip, Uninstall, or <version == install the new
  version>, so setup.exe won't install an existing package into a new
  install directory. The workaround for this is to copy files from the
  old installdir to the new installdir (but not replace). (Or twiddle
  path, but I didn't think of that.) But is there a way to tell
  setup.exe, "Yes, I know I've already got the package installed in
  another directory. But that location is not the same as the Root
  Install Directory in which I just told you I want to install. SO
  please just install the @#%%^&! package in the new Root Install
  Directory!" A Reinstall option would be useful.

* My new install has info only for bash--it doesn't even have info for
  info. But my old install has info for pretty much everything. Again,
  a workaround is to just copy from the old /usr/info to the new, but
  ... what do I hafta do to ensure a new install has all the latest
  info? (Also, I suspect a Reinstall option would cure this problem
  also--correct?)