ls: /: No such file or directory What can I do?

When I do ls /, I get the message
ls: /: No such file or directory
(I have the same behavior with /etc).
Other pathes are OK (including /cygdrive/x/...

I use cygwin for years and never got such a problem. Before it happened, I do not remember to have done a specifically dangerous action.
Anyway, as my path is set in autoexec.bat (with windows pathes), most utilities are still working. Only the ones that requires an access to specific files in /usr, /etc ... are broken (latex for instance). So this problem may be here for a couple of days.

I have checked the configuration with regedit and it seems correct :
in /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/Cygnus/cygwin/mounts v2/'/', I have flas set to 0x0a and native to \cygdrive\e\\cygwin.

So, any idea on waht can be done?

Many thanks in advance,

Alain Mérigot