Re: Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?

[ ] Yes, please add perl support to the next Cygwin vim release.

[X] No, go away with that.

[ ] What's vim?

It seems a very strong constraint for Cygwin, that for its own nature (unlike a full Linux distro) can and must have a high granularity in installation (i.e. with vim, but without perl).

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Folks,

a new vim version (6.2) is due soon.  One guy asked me off-list, if
I could release Cygwin's vim with integrated perl support.  It's
a simple build option which apparently works flawlessly since Cygwin
is using perl 5.8.0.

However, it adds a perl dependency to vim which means, all vim users
*must* install perl runtime on their system to be able to use vim.

I thought it might be a good idea to ask the users (hey, that's you!)
about their opinion.  It's pretty easy.  If more than 66% of the
answers is "Yes" it will be in the next version.

So here's the survey, please everybody just one cross:

=== cut here ===

=== cut here ===

Corinna