Re: Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?

Michael Schaap wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:

[ ] Yes, please add perl support to the next Cygwin vim release.

[x] No, go away with that.

[ ] What's vim?

Personally, I'd like Perl support enabled, but adding a dependency on Perl for such a basic package as vim is probably not a good idea. Anyway, I'm sure that anyone who'd actually use the Perl interface in vim is perfectrly capable of building their own copy.

- gvim with win32 interface (actually unsupported under Cygwin)

Now here's something I would love. :-)

On my Rainy Day list is a plan to try to make the Win32 GUI work with the Cygwin (standard ./configure based) build. Should be possible, with lots of #ifdefs and calls to cygwin_conv_*...
(Don't hold your breath - it's been on my list for aeons, and this list isn't getting any shorter. ;-)

I think it "would be nice" (TM) if we could have a gui vim which worked like rxvt, able to run in native w32api or under Cygwin/XFree86. Just an idle thought...

Cheers,
Nicholas