Re: setup.exe

DEEPA SIVASANKARANE wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Would Running setup.exe, and choosing
> "Install from Internet" to C:\cygwin  be the same as
> choosing the download option and untaring them in
> C:\cygwin ?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

DO NOT UNTAR A CYGWIN PACKAGE TO INSTALL IT!
USE SETUP.EXE!

I assume the reason you wanted to do this was to permit reinstallation from
your local disc at a later date?

If so, just "Install from Internet". The downloaded files will NOT be
deleted, and you can install from them without an internet connection by
using "Install from Local Directory".

Max.