Re: NTFS permission problem

Zombie,

Using your mail client's "Reply" command and then editing the Subject to something completely different does not create a new topic thread. Igor showed you the "References:" and "In-Reply-To:" headers that better mail clients use to organize threads according to their actual lineage. This is the preferred means for a mail (or news) client to define a topic thread because subject headers, which often fragment, are truncated and generally diverge for various reasons, are not useful for inferring topic thread membership.

If, like me, you use Eudora, then you may be unaware of these threading links in mail headers, thinking it's only a news thing, perhaps.

Randall Schulz

At 08:35 2003-05-01, Cyber.Zombie@attbi.com wrote:
If by 'start a new thread', you mean a new thread in the cygwin message list, I
did. Otherwise, I don't know what you mean...