Re: Cygwin is VERY slow now

Hello Igor -

Another reader pointed me to an MS knowledge base article that acknowledges the slowdown after the hotfix is installed. They've removed the hotfix for now until they can fix it. I'd searched their knowledge base for "slow performance" articles prior to posting my message but did not find the one I was directed to.

With the hotfix, EVERYTHING in Cygwin was slow, even "ls" in a 6-file directory.

I won't be reinstalling the hotfix till it's fixed :-)

- Jack