Windres parse error

Hello, I've just started trying to a "convert" a win32 gui program (written
in c++) to the cygwin tools. When I finally got all the source files to
compile without errors, windres chokes on the .rc-file which was generated
using MSVC++ 6.0. The first error is:
windres: mindedit.rc:162: parse error
Line 162 in mindedit.rc looks like:
    LTEXT           "Enter line number to go to:",IDC_STATIC,6,10,84,8
I don't know why it chokes on that line, but I really would like to know how
to fix it. Anyway, I commented it out for now, just to see if I could get
the program to build. But then windres finds another parse error on line
191, which looks like this:
ID_TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DISCARDABLE  16, 16

I really don't know where to go from here...anyone know how to fix these
errors?

// Mikael