Re: Wanted X, got Perl - operator error or prequisiste

Matt,

When I selected the XFree stuff, I started setup.exe and it was in category mode. The only category I picked/expanded was XFree. So, at least in
this session, I did not select any other packages except for what was under XFree. If I had selected them in any other session, I would have had
Perl downloaded in that session. Selections that are not installed are not stored between invocations ( I just proved that).

So there is either a bug in the program or a bug in my head. If I had to make a bet, I'd bet on the bug being in my head, in spite of my protests to
the contrary above. :-)

I just did a test of selecting only the XFree86 category in setup.exe... perl still was not selected. You must have just accidentally bumped something.

Harold