Re: Best practices for Cygwin install on Terminal Server in app mode?

Alex K. Angelopoulos wrote:
Markus Schönhaber wrote:

If my memory doesn't fail me completely, there is a thing like "putting
a terminal server in installation mode". I seem to remember that one can
achieve this by not lauching the setup program/installer file/whatever
directly but by using "Add new Programs" in the "System Settings /
Software" panel. Maybe this could be a way to workaround the problem.
It's at least worth a try, /me thinks.

The TS side I know about, believe me - and that's how I did the install
(actually I used 'change user /install', but same difference). ;)

Well, I concluded: I didn't think of it, so everybody else might have forgotten too. ;-)
Too bad - things aren't that simple...

Regards
  mks