Re: tramp and cygwin emacs

* Wed 2003-05-14 Charles Plager <cplager+cygwin@physics.ucla.edu> list.cygwin
| emacs, but none about how to build tramp under cygwin or tramp and
| cygwin emacs.

It works out of he box.
I'm using the CVS version, so you I suggest downloading it with

    root@w2kpicasso:/usr/share/site-lisp/net/cvs-packages/savannah/tramp# head -200 CVS/R*
    ==> CVS/Repository <==
    tramp
    ==> CVS/Root <==
    :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/tramp

   $ cvs -d <PSERVER-see-above> login
     RET
   $ cvs -d <PSERVER-see-above> co tramp
   $ cd tramp
   $ autoconf

After add this to your ~/.emacs

    (require 'cl)
    (pushnew "<path-to-tramp-directory>/lisp" load-path :test 'string=)
    (require 'ange-ftp)
    (require 'tramp)

And start using tramp by reading:

    http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/packages/html/tramp_toc.html#SEC_Contents

Note, The above cvs and Emacs instruction is from my memory, I didn't
vanilla test new one, since I have the working version running.

Jari

--
http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/
Swatch  @time http://www.ryanthiessen.com/swatch/resources.htm