Re: DirectX and Cygwin

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 2:07 AM [GMT+0100=CET],
Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) <lhall@rfk.com> wrote:

> So if --enable-stdcall-fixup isn't getting you what you want/need, why
> not do it the "old-fashioned" way and simply declare the prototypes
> for the needed functions with the correct calling convention?  It's a
> little more work but you're sure to get what you need.

All the function prototypes are in the header files that come with the SDK.
Compiling my code with these isn't a problem at all. The problem comes in
when the linker tries to link my object files against the supplies library
files, because the names seem to be different to what was expected. The
library files have names like Direct3DCreate9, and the linker is looking for
Direct3DCreate9@4. As far as I can make out, ld should be able to tell that
these two are the same thing and link one against the other, but it's not
managing to. Therein lies the problem...

--
Graham Cox
3rd year BSc/AI Student