Error :"Procedure entry point pthread_once not found..."

  Hello.
  I just installed Cygwin on my Windows 2000 machine, and have noticed a small problem.  I built the FOX toolkit libraries (fox-toolkit.org) and built the sample programs that come with it (calculator, adie, pathfinder), and when I run them from within the Bash shell, or from the Windows Command Prompt, they work perfectly.  But when I attempt to run the programs by double-clicking the .exe in an open window, I get a message box with the error:

 "The procedure entry point pthread_once could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll".

  This doesn't happen if I execute from a command line or shell.
  I copied the cygwin1.dll and the exe's (they are statically linked) to another Windows 2000 box on my home network, and am able to execute the programs either from a command line or from within windows or windows explorer-- no problems at all.
  My question is, could this be a configuration issue here?  I'm pretty new to Cygwin (about four hours, actually) so I'm not real familiar with the setup.
  I installed Cygwin using setup.exe today (May 21, 2003) so it's as up-to-date as I can get it, I think.  I've searched the FAQs, the list archives, and Google, but can not seem to find anything dealing with this problem.  If anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it. It's more than an annoyance than anything, since I can run all my applications from the shell, but still...

Thank you,
Josh