RE: getting cron to work -> status too large for sendmail?

I'll have to try the script -- since my first attempt really is a simple script.

I wrote a simple 17 line script that take a filename argument, opens it, reads
1 line that it expects to be a number, increments the number and rewrites it to
the file, and closes it.

So my crontab looks like:
# Format of lines:
#min    hour    daymo   month   daywk   cmd
#
*       *       *       *       *       /home/law/bin/inc_count /etc/count

The first column, I just changed to a '0' so it will only run once an hour as it
was beginning to form a gigantic log file in /tmp (I'll explain).  But I created
the file /etc/count with a value of '0'.  It currently has a value of 678 in it.

If I run the command line manually, it increments the number in the file by a value
of '1' as expected.  Consequently, I believe cron to be correctly running my
script every minute as it is told to.  However -- since I was getting the error --
SENDMAIL message, I put a small shell script in "/usr/sbin/sendmail"s place:

law/bin> ll /usr/sbin/sendmail*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 law      Domain A       26 May 27 04:19 /usr/sbin/sendmail*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 law      Domain A      117 Apr 19 22:55 /usr/sbin/sendmail- -> /
usr/sbin/ssmtp*
---
	Yeah...you're right, it's not really a sendmail, it's a link to ssmtp...well then
just do a "s/sendmail/ssmtp/" on my previous email...same problem...:-)

anyway my new and improved "sendmail" script says:
law/bin> cat /usr/sbin/sendmail
#!/bin/sh
cat >>/tmp/log
----