php under cygwin's apache - support for odbc or ms sql

I would like to be able to run the Cygwin version of Apache with PHP and be
able to connect to a SQL 2000 server.

Is this possible.

How can I compile a libphp4.dll with odbc and ms sql support.

Do I need to compile the php source code under cygwin? Does it compile
cleanly? Has anyone done it?