query regarding use of Xwin -multiwindow

Hi,

I've just discovered the -multiwindow option of the cygwin x-server and I think it's great, as I can now run an xterm on a linux box and display it on my windows xp machine. One problem, though, I don't seem able to cut-and-paste btween the xterm window and a ms-windows application. It's as if the x-server has it's own cut-and-paste buffer which the xterm windows share, but which is distinct from the cut-and-paste buffers used by the ms-windows applications.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

I've done a recent complete binary install of cygwin, uname -a gives
"CYGWIN_NT-5.1 JPV 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin"

I expect I just need to configure something, but I'm at a loss as to where to start with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
/John Vincent.