Re: emacs - Entry Point not found error

Mani Krishnan Venkatachari wrote:

I installed the new version of cygwin recently. When I try to load emacs, it gives a dialog box with the following error.

"The procedure entry point SmClientID could not be located in the dynamic link lilbrary lilbSM.dll"

That library is in the Xfree86-bin package. It lives in /usr/X11R6/bin. Make sure you have the package installed and that the directory is in your PATH.

It may be that libSM.dll has changed in a recent XFree86 release, in which
case there is a big problem.
--
Joe Buehler