Re: Echo from bash disappears

Hm, there's something fishy there.  I have 'tty' set as well with
no side affects.  However, trying to set 'tty' in your profile should
be a no-op.  This value is only referenced at load time for cygwin1.dll
(see <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>) so setting
the value in /etc/profile should have no affect whatsoever.  As an aside,
'ntsec' is now on by default for recent releases of cygwin1.dll.  You
should be able to remove this line entirely from your /etc/profile.
You should try setting the CYGWIN environment variable to include 'tty'
*before* cygwin1.dll loads (for example, set it in 'cygwin.bat').
It would be interesting to hear whether this works for you as well (it
should).

Larry

Marcus Vinicius Ferreira wrote:
Mr. Hall,

Thanks for the fast response.

I was beginning to list my environmente variables as suggested in
"problems.html" and I think I cleared the problem.

Redefining /etc/profile from

export CYGWIN=" $CYGWIN ntsec tty "

export CYGWIN=" $CYGWIN ntsec"

made things come back to normal.

"Um abraço",

Marcus

--- Larry Hall <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:

Marcus Vinicius Ferreira wrote:

Hi, guys,

Using Cygwin 1.3.22 on XP, bash 2.05b, I have my echo disappearing after

using

a tool like man, vim, perl -MCPAN -e "shell", mc and others.

As I can notice, any tool which has some output in color messes with the

bash

shell after exiting from that tool. I can no longer see what is typed at

the

prompt.

Any ideas? Orientations?

Other than <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, no.  I tried vi'ing a file
that would invoke syntax highlighting (i.e. color) from my bash prompt
and then exiting.  It worked fine.  Everything is still visible.  But
perhaps more information on your configuration and a sequence of steps
you took to reproduce the problem would be helpful for someone here to
diagnose your problem.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746