Re: rm and ln not present during install

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:34:18PM +1000, Michael Ribbons wrote:
>Hi, I'm attempting to install cygwin under Windows XP.  I downloaded
>all of the packages.  When setup gets to the post install scripts, most
>of the scripts say rm not found ln not found

It sounds like you chose the 'download' option rather than the 'install'
option when you installed the packages.  You have to actually install
the files if you want to run them.

If you have actually downloaded the files, rerun setup.exe and choose
"Install from Local Directory" and you should see some satisfying evidence
of cygwin being installed.  If not, then try the "Install from Internet"
option.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.