Re: [ANNOUNCE] LibXSLT (1.0.27) test packages available

Hi Elfyn,

sorry for the little delay, but Monday was a holiday here in Germany, so I took the chance to get some private work done. Back in the office today, I saw that you have published the updated packages.

I reran the basic test I sent you and that worked fine, both with the v1.50.0 and the latest v1.61.2 XSL stylesheets.

Unfortunately my next test failed :o( It gets transformed well with the old versions of libxml2 and libxslt and the v1.61.2 XSL stylesheets. But the new versions fail with the v1.61.2 XSL stylesheets. After narrowing down the problem, I identified the <affiliation> tag within the <authorgroup> tag as the culprit of causing a segmentation fault. Running the same test on a real unix box, caused xsltproc to segfault as well. So the problem seems not to be with your port, but with xsltproc itself. xsltproc crahses in the xsltApplyTemplates() function.

Uff, this turns out to be a real beast...I'm going to contact Daniel about it, hoping to get a new version of xsltproc...

Nevertheless, congratulations for the port!

Patrick

BTW: If you want to crash xsltproc, try this:

-bash-2.05b$ xsltproc -catalogs /usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl Specification.xml > Specification.html

with the following snippet:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone='no'?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
                  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>

<!-- ROOT ELEMENT -->
<article class="specification" lang="en" vendor="Fillmore Labs" revision="0.4">

    <articleinfo>
        <title>Specification</title>

        <authorgroup>
            <author>
                <firstname>Patrick</firstname>
                <surname>Eisenacher</surname>
                <affiliation>
                    <address>
                        <email>a@b.c</email>
                    </address>
                </affiliation>
            </author>
        </authorgroup>
    </articleinfo>

    <section id="introduction">
        <title>Introduction</title>
        <para>
            Give some short information about the product.
        </para>
    </section>

</article>