Re: cygwin autoconf produces configure scripts with CR/LF

Hi Elfyn,

> I'm using the exact same versions as you are, Makino, and I have had no trouble
> generating `configure' scripts. Perhaps there's something up with your mounts?
> The output of `cygcheck -svr' (sent as as a *non-compressed* plain-text
> attachment), would help in finding out what's wrong with your setup.

Thank you for your mail.
I believe I have no mounting problems... I've never touched the mounting
after installation.
Anyway, please see the attachment, the output of `cygcheck -svr'.

$ mount
D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts on /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
q: on /cygdrive/q type user (binmode,noumount)

The following log shows that I have the problem.

$ ls
AUTHORS      Makefile.am   autom4te.cache  configure.lineno  missing
COPYING      Makefile.in   config.guess    depcomp           mkinstalldirs
CVS          README        config.log      html              punnets.doxygen
ChangeLog    acinclude.m4  config.status   include           punnets.doxygen.in
GNUmakefile  aclocal.m4    config.sub      install-sh        src
INSTALL      attics        configure.in    latex             stamp-h1

$ grep --files-with-match '^M' *
COPYING
                          #### No dependent file contains CR
$ autoconf

$ grep --files-with-match '^M' *
COPYING
configure                 #### configure contains CR

Best,
--
Makino Takaki