RE: CYGWIN NTsec permissions over inet - cannot see SMB drives with SSH login

Jason,

If you have seen my messages on the Cygwin list, you should have noticed
that the Reply-To field on all of them is set to the Cygwin list.  In
fact, the Cygwin list is the preferred method for getting Cygwin help and
information, as opposed to sending e-mail to individual contributors.
This gives you access to a much larger amount of expertise than any one
person can provide, as well as storing both the questions and the answers
in the archives.  Thus, I've redirected this reply to the list, and set
the Reply-To appropriately.

As for your ssh problem, it's a question of whether the authentication
token created by the ssh daemon will be trusted by the remote shares.
AFAIK, the one condition that has to hold for this is that the token
should contain the password (thus, no passwordless authentication).  Once
you have such a token, you may be able to "net use" the share (with a
password, of course).  On the other hand, IIUC, sshd will not authenticate
with the domain controller, so the token you get upon login might not be
enough in any case.  The only thing I can add is: make sure your
/etc/passwd and /etc/group files are up to date before you try this.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu