Download from internet = 1Mb?!

We're happily mirroring (internally on our network), one of the public
mirror sites, for local installs.  It's working well.  We do a nightly
rsync.

The mirror is 1.2Gb, and I wanted to just write a copy of the install
set to take home.  So my idea was to choose "download from internet",
and burn that.

Trouble is, that option results in a 1Mb download (I think all it does
is download setup.exe).

My other d:\temp\cygwin directory (left over after a real install), is
over 200Mb, so I'm very confused about what's going on.

luke