Re: stderr outputs veerrrryyy slowly

Brian Dessent wrote:

I'm running under Win2k SP3, cygwin.dll version 1.3.22-1, CYGWIN="ntea
tty ntsec" (the partition is NTFS), and a bunch of packages all of
whatever the latest stable version is according to setup.exe.  I use
plain old bash as my shell, no rxvt or X Windows or anything.

Man, why do I always think of stuff AFTER posting?

Anyway, I just remembered that I had tty set in the CYGWIN variable. Tried it without tty, and the problem's gone, at least in all the cases
I could think of where it was happening.

Problem is, not setting tty breaks some stuff.  For example, pico (^C
doesn't work.)  I'm sure there are other curses things that don't work
right either.

So, does it make any more sense to anyone now?

Nope. :-)

Works for me fine either way.  Perhaps providing information
requested by <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> will shed some light.
Perhaps not.

You could try it with strace and post the results too.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746