Problems with Nano

Hey everyone,
I've noticed a few items with nano and wanted to see if anyone else has
experienced this.  First up, the usual information:
OS: Win95
Cygwin DLL: 1.3.22-1
nano: 1.2.0-1
First issue: When pressing Ctrl+C, I'm not seeing the current position
displayed at the bottom of the screen.  Any thoughts?
Second issue: When I scroll up or down, sometimes text from on line
persists to on that line as I scroll.  Example, text on line 4 will
show up on the fourth line of the display, even if I scroll down
hundreds of lines.  It is still displayed, but not part of the
document, ie not saved only displayed.  Any thoughts.
I've tried reinstalling nano and both still occur.  Any thoughts would
be appreciated.
Doug Jenkinson