Re: rxvt icon replacement

----- Original Message -----
From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald@landheer.com>
Date: Monday, June 30, 2003 11:14 pm
Subject: Re: rxvt icon replacement

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Robert R Schneck wrote:
>
> > > Is there any chance that the rxvt icon resource could be
> changed to
> > > something a little more aesthetic?  IMHO, the current icon is
> quite> > ugly.
> >
> > It's not too hard to change it yourself; just download an icon
> editor that
> > can change icons in .exe files.  I used the shareware IconCool
> to change
> > my rxvt's icon to be the Cygwin icon.
> Or.. get the source package, find the icon file and replace it
> with the
> one you want before recompiling - no binary hacking required.
>
> Actually, as this is open source software and thus you have
> (access to)
> the source, the usual way of customizing your software is exactly
> like
> this: "Use The Source, Duke!".
>
> HTH
>
> rlc
>
> FWIW: the icon files are in /usr/src/rxvt/W11/wrap when the rxvt
> source
> pack is installed. The README for Cygwin tells you how to build it
> all.(I must say, though, that I've never actually tried building
> rxvt
> myself..)

This is what I've been doing ;)
But it gets annoying having to rebuild the rxvt source - especially
when for some reason it doesnt build OOT(cygwin-patched)B - or patch
the binary myself whenever there's a new release, especially when its a
patch that most users would enjoy (although it may bloat the binary by
an extra 1k - so use upx :P).

Just a convenience thing really ;)

Cheers,
Dean Scarff